- InnoDB implements row-level.
- InnoDB has better crash recovery option.
- FULLTEXT Search indexes doesn’t support until v5.6.
- Implemented transactions, foreign keys and relationship constraints.
- ACID Properties is supported.
- It has Buffer Pool to cache data and index pages.
- You can take backup of InnoDB tables using just a snapshot of the filesystem.
- MyISAM can do only a table-level lock.
- FULLTEXT Search is supported.
- The main mechanism used is the key cache. It only caches index pages from .MYI files.
- ACID Properties is not supported.
- COUNT(*) performance is very fast.
- Supported high level table compression.
- You require mysqldump to take backup of MyIsam table.
Please share your ideas and opinions about this topic with me, your contribution will add true value to this topic.
If anyone has doubts on this topic then please do let me know by leaving comments or send me an email.
If you like this post, then please share it with others.
Please follow dbrnd.com, I will share my experience towards the success of Database Research and Development Activity.
I put up a post every day, please keep reading and learning.
Discover Yourself, Happy Blogging !
Anvesh M. Patel.