This article is half-done without your Comment! *** Please share your thoughts via Comment ***
In this post, I am providing short note on the new feature of PostgreSQL 9.4.
PostgreSQL 9.4 has one of the best feature that I have liked it JSON data type.
PostgreSQL 9.4 New Features:
- JSONB Binary JSON Storage Data Type: You don’t require to take a decision between RDBMS and NOSQL because you can have now both at the same time.
- Replication Slots: The information is available to the primary server, when the standby server is offline or disconnected.
- Changeset Streaming/Logical decoding:
It supplies a new API for filtering, reading and manipulating the replication stream.
- GIN indexes now faster and smaller:
pg_prewarm: This is also one of good parameter. When you restart your PostgreSQL Server, shared buffer is empty again. But using this parameter you can take backup of buffer as well.
- ALTER SYSTEM: you can change your system setting using this ALTER SYSTEM and don’t require to edit postgresql.conf.
- REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW CONCURRENTLY.
- Improvement in Updatable view.
- WITH ORDINALITY: A column containing an ordered sequence of numbers is added.
- Added some new aggregate features.