In this post, I am providing short note on the new feature of PostgreSQL 9.4.
PostgreSQL 9.4 has one of the best feature that I have liked it JSON data type.
PostgreSQL 9.4 New Features:
- JSONB Binary JSON Storage Data Type: You don’t require to take a decision between RDBMS and NOSQL because you can have now both at the same time.
- Replication Slots: The information is available to the primary server, when the standby server is offline or disconnected.
- Changeset Streaming/Logical decoding:
It supplies a new API for filtering, reading and manipulating the replication stream.
- GIN indexes now faster and smaller:
pg_prewarm: This is also one of good parameter. When you restart your PostgreSQL Server, shared buffer is empty again. But using this parameter you can take backup of buffer as well.
- ALTER SYSTEM: you can change your system setting using this ALTER SYSTEM and don’t require to edit postgresql.conf.
- REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW CONCURRENTLY.
- Improvement in Updatable view.
- WITH ORDINALITY: A column containing an ordered sequence of numbers is added.
- Added some new aggregate features.
Please share your ideas and opinions about this topic with me, your contribution will add true value to this topic.
If anyone has doubts on this topic then please do let me know by leaving comments or send me an email.
If you like this post, then please share it with others.
Please follow dbrnd.com, I will share my experience towards the success of Database Research and Development Activity.
I put up a post every day, please keep reading and learning.
Discover Yourself, Happy Blogging !
Anvesh M. Patel.