In this post, I am sharing a few major reasons for SQL Server error Error 3201 Cannot open backup device. Operating system error 5 (Access is denied).
Last week, our one of network admins called me about this error. Immediately, I run for office and found that database backup file set to read only.
I solved that error immediately because I knew the possible reasons for the error 3201.
Following are more grounds of error 3201:
- Backup file got corrupted due to disk failure or any other reasons
- Virus attack on backup file
- User permission issue on backup file or location of that backup file
- Someone change the password of service account user
- Backup file in read-only mode
- Network or firewall related issues
Please share your ideas and opinions about this topic with me, your contribution will add true value to this topic.
If anyone has doubts on this topic then please do let me know by leaving comments or send me an email.
If you like this post, then please share it with others.
Please follow dbrnd.com, I will share my experience towards the success of Database Research and Development Activity.
I put up a post every day, please keep reading and learning.
Discover Yourself, Happy Blogging !
Anvesh M. Patel.