This article is half-done without your Comment! *** Please share your thoughts via Comment ***
Get ready for SQL Server 2017 vNext for Windows, Linux, and Docker containers.
On 19th April 2017, Microsoft released a most awaited CTP 2.0 Community Technical Preview version of SQL Server 2017.
SQL Server 2017 on Windows and Linux is the best database for your Mission Critical application and data warehouse workloads.
Please visit below link to download a new CTP 2.0 of SQL Server 2017:
Following are new improvements and fixes of CTP 2.0: (Reference is taken from here)
- Added Log Shipping functionality for SQL Server Agent.
- Localized messages of mssql-conf.
- Linux path formatting are now compatible throughout the SQL Server Engine. But support for “C:\\” prefixed paths will continue.
- Enabled DMV sys.dm_os_file_exists.
- Enabled DMV sys.fn_trace_gettable.
- Added CLR Strict Security mode.
- SQL Graph.
- Resumable Online Index Rebuilds.
- Adaptive Query Processing.
- Added UTF-8 encoding for system files, including log files.
- Fixed In-memory databases location limitation.
- Add new cluster type CLUSTER_TYPE = EXTERNAL for configuring an availability group for high availability.
- Fix Availability Group Listener for read-only routing.
- Production support for Early Adoption Program (EAP) customers