This article is half-done without your Comment! *** Please share your thoughts via Comment ***
In this post, I am sharing a small note about the Key Value Store NoSQL Data Model.
The Redis and Riak are popular key-value store NoSQL Database.
What exactly it is?
In the RDBMS system, we have a table with unique key and values. We are also fetching values basis on a key.
The Key Value Store Data Model is also very similar to RDBMS structure.
In a Key Value Store Data Model, we have a key in left side and value in right side.
The Key Value Store Date model is same as a dictionary or hash model.
It is a schema-less format, and it is just about what you need to store.
A unique key value index the data, and each value can have independent format and stored as BLOB, JSON.
The group of keys and value stores into a Bucket and we can perform different manipulations on each Bucket.
The Bucket may have a different set of fields for every record.
Because of this structure, it is very flexible and scalable up to N level.
You can go with this:
- When we are doing a bulk insertion and write operations
- When we are creating simple and flat data model
- When we are reading the data using only Primary Key
You cannot go with this:
- When we are working with relationship related data
- When we are doing multikey operation like INSERT, UDPATE, DELETE using one KEY at a time
- When we are searching the data using a value