As this is the last part of the FEDERATED Table Article so in this post, I am giving some important Notes and Tips of FEDERATED Engine.
- The remote server must be a MySQL Server.
- You can replicate the FEDERATED table to other slaves, but ensure that slave server is able to use defined connection string.
- You can create nested FEDERATED tables.
- The FEDERATED table does not support indexes because of its virtual nature.
- The FEDERATED storage engine supports SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, TRUNCATE TABLE.
- The FEDERATED also supports INSERT ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE statements.
- The FEDERATED table does not support Transaction.
- The FEDERATED table can also perform bulk-insertion.
- Any DROP TABLE statement issued against a FEDERATED table drops only the local table, not the remote table.
- The FEDERATED tables do not work with the query cache.
Please share your ideas and opinions about this topic with me, your contribution will add true value to this topic.
If anyone has doubts on this topic then please do let me know by leaving comments or send me an email.
If you like this post, then please share it with others.
Please follow dbrnd.com, I will share my experience towards the success of Database Research and Development Activity.
I put up a post every day, please keep reading and learning.
Discover Yourself, Happy Blogging !
Anvesh M. Patel.