This article is half-done without your Comment! *** Please share your thoughts via Comment ***
- InnoDB implements row-level.
- InnoDB has better crash recovery option.
- FULLTEXT Search indexes doesn’t support until v5.6.
- Implemented transactions, foreign keys and relationship constraints.
- ACID Properties is supported.
- It has Buffer Pool to cache data and index pages.
- You can take backup of InnoDB tables using just a snapshot of the filesystem.
- MyISAM can do only a table-level lock.
- FULLTEXT Search is supported.
- The main mechanism used is the key cache. It only caches index pages from .MYI files.
- ACID Properties is not supported.
- COUNT(*) performance is very fast.
- Supported high level table compression.
- You require mysqldump to take backup of MyIsam table.