This article is half-done without your Comment! *** Please share your thoughts via Comment ***
In this post, I am sharing a short note on the new feature of PostgreSQL 9.4.
PostgreSQL 9.4 has one of the best features that I have liked it JSON data type.
PostgreSQL 9.4 New Features:
- JSONB Binary JSON Storage Data Type: You don’t require to take a decision between RDBMS and NOSQL because you can have now both at the same time.
- Replication Slots: The information is available to the primary server, when the standby server is offline or disconnected.
- Changeset Streaming/Logical decoding:
It supplies a new API for filtering, reading and manipulating the replication stream.
- GIN indexes now faster and smaller:
pg_prewarm: This is also one of the good parameters. When you restart your PostgreSQL Server, the shared buffer is empty again. But using this parameter you can take backup of buffer as well.
- ALTER SYSTEM: you can change your system setting using this ALTER SYSTEM and don’t require to edit postgresql.conf.
- REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW CONCURRENTLY.
- Improvement in Updatable view.
- WITH ORDINALITY: A column containing an ordered sequence of numbers is added.
- Added some new aggregate features.