This article is half-done without your Comment! *** Please share your thoughts via Comment ***
One of the Important news for Database Community.
The UBER taxi number one company switched from PostgreSQL to MySQL.
There are a few major reasons behind for this migration.
As per the official document of UBER, they were facing a few notable issues with the PostgreSQL.
- Inefficient architecture for writes
- Inefficient data replication
- Issues with table corruption
- Poor replica MVCC support
- Difficulty upgrading to newer releases
Here, I am sharing the official link on UBER database migration. I completely read this article and agree with it on a few of the topics.
You guys must read carefully because we should understand the pros & cons of any RDBMS.